What are air compressors?
These machines convert normal atmospheric air into a pressurized form of air. This compressed air is used in almost every sector and performs various specialized tasks across these industries. They come in various types depending on the scale of industry and the function they will perform. Depending on various types these air compressors can have controlled output or a continuous output of compressed dense air, also the flow of air is measured by actual cubic feet per minute (ACFM) and the output is measured in horsepower. Some of the tanks can store compressed air for future uses.
Some of the very common air compressors which are used for industrial uses are:
- Reciprocating or piston compressors
- Rotary screw compressors
- Rotary sliding vane compressors
- Centrifugal compressors
Applications of air compressors
There are dozens of uses of air compressors, they are used for both industrial as well as a home shop or domestic purposes. Some of the very common industries using compressed air are:
- Manufacturing: they are used in all kind of firms like food and beverages, metal fabrication, packaging etc. A steady stream of air helps in cleaning and finishing plastic and metal shaping whereas they are also used for contaminant-free sealing of the products.
- Construction: in construction business air compressors are used for powering several tools and equipment like nail guns, compactors, jackhammers etc. all of then used for heavy-duty lifting, drilling, handling tasks.
- Energy: air compressors are used for oil drilling and are also a controlled source of energy. They are used because they are safe, stable and have high productivity which all is needed in the operations of an oil rig.
- Agriculture: agriculture sector needs heavy machinery which is to be powered through a stable of a continuous source of power. This is done by air compressors which run most of the tractors, crop conveyors, pumps etc. They are also for dairy farming, poultry, greenhouse ventilation where there is a need for a steady source of compressed air to be distributed evenly.
These are only some of the industries who use compressed air, as there are several others too like automobile repairing, railways, dry cleaning, scuba diving etc.
How to choose the right air compressor
While looking for a commercial air compressor there are several factors that one to keep in mind, after all, it is an investment for one’s business. Usually, industrial grade air compressor should have more power output than others and also they should have good after-sales services tagged along with them.
- Whether the compressor will be stationary or need to be moved from one place to another.
- Whether they have the required power output.
- Depending on the entire compressed air demand one needs to be clear of how big the air tank needs to.
Whatever be the type of job that needs to be done, air compressors have fared well in all of them. They are mostly low maintenance so one need not worry about frequent servicing and repairs. If finding for the best in Milwaukee compressor should be chosen to keep in mind these factors. It is almost impossible to ignore the fact that these types of equipment are so effective in almost every sector and also for small domestic works.